MUZIKI WETU:The Typical Kenyan Choral Experience
up from 60 years
23rd to 28th of august
English / Kiswahili
1. Jambo Bwana (Hello, gentleman);
Teddy Kalanda Harriso, arr. by Sylvester Otieno
2. Maua Mazuri (The Beautiful Flowers);
arr. by Otieno R. Sylvester
3. Tenderere (Fanfare); arr. by Otieno R. Sylvester
4. Matere; arr. by Otieno R. Sylvester
5. He, Rua (What a flower!); arr. by Otieno R. Sylvester
6. Tuungane (Let’s Unite); Otieno R. Sylvester
7. Ndoto ya Kanga; Peter Akwabi, arr. by Otieno r. Sylvester
Sylvester Otieno is Senior Music Instructor and experienced Choral Director at Kenyatta University, Kenya.
He is the National Chairman and Artistic Director of Parastatals, Ministries and County Choirs Organization in Kenya (PAMICCO), Interim Chairman of Kenya Federation of Choral Music and has also served as the National Music Director of Catholic Choirs Association of Kenya, National trainer, adjudicator, commissar and program coordinator of Kenya Music Festival, Music Instructor at the National Youth Talent Academy, Music teacher at Nangina G.H School, and Director of liturgical music in Bungoma Diocese since 1994.